Drone insurance is designed to protect you and your business from third-party claims including bodily injury and property damage arising from the use of your drone.
For any drone business, obtaining a serious drone insurance policy backed by an A+ rated insurance company is a great way to protect your company. There are many drone insurance providers offering coverage in the United States but as with all things, you get what you pay for. When the protection of your business is at stake, it’s important to ensure you have the very best drone insurance policy available.
BWI specializes in aviation and drone insurance. Based on our experience in insuring thousands of drone businesses, these are our top pics for The Best Drone Insurance:
Global Aerospace through BWI.
- Term: Annual Policy
- Years in business: 96 Years
- Hull/payload coverage offered? Yes
- Why Global? Global Aerospace is one of the largest aviation insurance companies that has focused specifically on offering drone insurance. Global has invested a lot of money into making obtaining a drone insurance policy easy and efficient. Global claims department is consistently rated one of the best claims departments in the U.S.
- Get a quote at www.bwifly.com
- Term: On demand/hourly
- Years in business: 5
- Hull/payload courage offered? No
- Why Verifly? If you are just starting your drone business and funds are limited, purchasing coverage by the hour is a great way to get started in the drone industry. Although hull/payload coverage is unavailable, obtaining a few hours of liability coverage for a job site is quick and easy with their mobile app. Once you have secured a few serious drone contracts, we recommend that you switch to a full annual policy with BWI.
- www.Verifly.com (now Thimble)
What makes a great drone insurance company?
We evaluate a drone insurance company based on many factors:
- Our experience. We have helped thousands of drone businesses obtain solid insurance policies. We are experienced in every different segment of the drone industry including construction, agriculture, film making, photography, delivery, transport, etc.
- Claims history. When your business experiences a loss or drone. incident and a claim is turned in to the insurance company, the true quality of the insurance company is on display. Getting our insureds claims resolved quickly and our customers made whole again, is a top indicator of a great drone insurance company.
- Coverages available. Many drone insurance companies offer only liability only coverage. For recently started drone businesses, a liability only policy may cover you for your first few jobs, but you will quickly realize that upgrading to a full annual policy is more cost effective and offers better protection for you business.
To obtain a free Drone Insurance Quote, click this link or give us a call at 800.295.8595 Our drone insurance professionals are standing by to help!