Commercial Drone Insurance is a type of insurance policy that is designed specifically to protect you and your Drone Business.
To obtain a Commercial Drone Insurance Policy the business is required to utilize only Part 107 Certified Pilots and be operating as a Drone Business in a commercial or money making fashion.
There are several different types of Commercial Drone Insurance policies available depending on your business needs. As a new startup drone business, especially when funds are limited, we recommend that you start with one of our pay-per-hour competitors like Verifly Drone Insurance.
Once you have established your drone business and you are looking for more comprehensive and serious insurance policy, we recommend that you switch to a full annual insurance policy with BWI.
Full Annual Commercial Drone Insurance Policy
Once your Drone Business has taken off we encourage transitioning to an Annual Commercial Drone Insurance Policy
Leverage a Full Annual Drone Insurance Policy to get ahead of your competitors.
Some of the best drone jobs will have multiple companies bidding, and most of them will have great websites, experience and good references. Having a full annual drone insurance policy backed by an A+ rated insurance company like Global Aerospace, gives you a leg up and increases your credibility.
These policies typically include the below coverages:
- Liability Insurance: This is typically offered in amounts from $500,000-$25,000,000. Every Commercial Drone Insurance Policy includes at least a minimum $500,000 Liability Coverage Limit. This covers Bodily Injury and Property Damage that is caused by the Unit.
- Property Damage: Your drone crashes into a house or car.
- Bodily Injury: Your drone hits another person and causes bodily injury.
- Legal Defense: Someone sues you as a result of an incident while operating your drone.
- Optional Hull, Payload and Ground Equipment Coverage: Many Drone Businesses are investing in higher valued drones, cameras and have an abundant amount of ground equipment that they use for different purposes and shots. A Drone Commercial Policy gives you the option to cover the value of the equipment you are using in your business. i.e. Thermal Cameras, iPads, Controllers, etc.
-This Coverage typically runs at a 8-12% Hull Rate. For example, if you are looking for $10,000 in Hull Coverage, it would increase your premium by $1,000 (10%).
- Personal Injury and Advertising Liability Coverage: Protects you in the event that you are sued in connection with advertising your goods or services: Libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, etc.
Full Annual Insurance policies provided by BWI are backed by A+ Rated Aviation Insurance Companies. A full annual policy from BWI includes unlimited, free certificates of insurance (for additional insureds and job sites) and includes our legendary amazing customer service.
Who are we?
Over our 42 year history, BWI has built longstanding relationships with all of the above Aviation Insurance Companies. We work hand in hand with the above companies and leverage our experience to find the best market for your particular drone insurance risk.
To ensure that you are getting the most competitive rate, the best coverage backed by a rock solid A+ Rated Aviation Insurance Company, get a quote with BWI today.
We specialize only in Airplane and Drone Insurance and our office is open 12 hours a day. Our agents are professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly they are agents that you can trust to get you the best coverage for your needs.
Call 800.296.8595 today for a free Commercial Drone Insurance Quote or Click Here to submit a quote request online.
BWI is the Nation’s Leader in Aviation and Drone Insurance, with offices based in Corona, CA and Anchorage, AK.